[Thunar-dev] Mounting volume

Luca Bruno lethalman88 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 20:11:07 CEST 2006

In data 10 settembre 2006 alle ore 20:03:59, Björn Martensen
<bjoern.martensen at gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Luca Bruno wrote:
>> Hello,
>> the latest HAL version include mount/umount/eject scripts in
>> /usr/share/hal/scripts.
>> I think it should be a good idea to add support for this dbus based
>> mounting other than pmount and gnome-mount.
>> I still don't know how dbus works and how the method could be called,
>> but
>> i think a message should be sent to HAL trough dbus requesting Mount,
>> Umount or Eject... something like reboot and shutdown with HAL style
>> (which doesn't work in xfce4-session here).
>>
>> Best regards,
>>

> That sounds very nice, imho.
> By the way, I like the ability to shutdown via HAL too, since I only
> installed sudo for that. But I have no idea how to set up HAL to allow
> users to shutdown. Can anyone help me on this, please?
>
> Greets,
> Björn

For sure,
i'm using HAL to shutdown but you need also sudo ;)
You have to put something like this in /etc/sudoers

%users ALL = NOPASSWD: /path/to/xfce/libexec/xfsm-shutdown-helper

I don't remember the exact line, but it should be closer to that...
Good luck.

Please take care of HAL mount/umount/eject scripts, this would mean
removing pmount dependency for several distros, even for my LFS.

Bye.

--
http://lethalman.blogspot.com - Thoughts about computer technologies