[Thunar-dev] Arrange Items

Benedikt Meurer benny at xfce.org
Sat Sep 9 11:41:48 CEST 2006

David Courtney wrote:
>>The problem is that thunar doesnt save a different sort type for each
>>directory as only you can choose one for all the directories at the time.
>>Can be modified to let you choose one sort type for each directory? Thanks.
>
> I'll second that.  I would also like Thunar to remember the View as
> selection for each directory.  I like the View as Compact List for
> most things.  But for my digital camera image directory hierarchy, I
> would prefer View as Icons (thumbnails).

The problem with (automatically) remembering view settings per folder is
that it somewhat decreases usability and leads to unexpected results.
I.e. start Nautilus, change view to list view, enter a directory... meh
icon view again, stupid thang. Change view again...

For this feature to be atleast partly usable, it must be an explicit
action, i.e. "Remember view settings for this folder".

You can file a feature request for this.