[Thunar-dev] Order of files for humans

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Sat Sep 9 11:41:02 CEST 2006

Mathias Brodala wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I’d like to ask if Thunar is able to sort viewed files and directory in a more
> useful manner somehow.
>
> At the moment, it sorts alphabetically, but first uppercase and after that
> lowercase names. This results in two different orders.
>
> If I have three folders „Documents“, „downloads“ and „Images, then I expect
> Thunar to display them in that order. But I get „Documents“, „Images“ and
> „downloads“ instead, which is very irritating.
>
> This is one of the reasons for me still using Nautilus and I would be glad if
> this could at least be set via an option.

There is already an option, MiscCaseSensitive, which defaults to FALSE
starting with RC1, but previously defaulted to TRUE, see

 http://svn.xfce.org/svn/xfce/thunar/trunk/docs/README.thunarrc

Out of curiousity: How did you manage to get Nautilus to ignore the case
when sorting? Because the funny thing about this is, that Thunar
defaulted to TRUE for case-sensitive sort to match Nautilus' behavior,
and atleast with 2.14 that still seems to be the default with no obvious
way to change it.