[Thunar-dev] Love letter for Xfce

fafek2.mailing fafek2.mailing at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 17:26:43 CEST 2006

Hi,

I want only tell you that I love you. Really.

I am very dissapointed at GNOME. It lacks of key features, important
requests are not taken into account or are always marked as low
priority. It's developers exciting at their blogs how GNOME is wonderful
even if it's not. I'm sick of that.

So please, please, keep up good work and don't stop. Don't stop
developing Xfce with passion. Make your already stunning Xfce more
popular than GNOME and make it better than GNOME.

If you've done something, you've done it better than GNOME's developers.
The best example is a trash support. Maybe it's limited to a home
directory (I don't need trash for other places, however I think this
disadvantage is a subject to change, right?) but look - you could do it
and you've done it better than GNOME's developers. They still say that
they are not able to implement Restore from trash function. You've done
it with no one's help.

So, listen to your users and be users of your environment. That's the
best way to notice what you should change, improve or implement. Just to
make Linux - our common effort - better. To make Linux not only for
power users, which don't need X11 or any GNOME, KDE or Xfce in fact.

With love,
Rafal
fafek2.mailing at gmail.com