[Thunar-dev] DBUS problems

Kier Elliott kierse at shaw.ca
Wed Oct 4 07:30:16 CEST 2006

I'm attempting to get thunar up and running and am having troubles with
dbus.  I'm able to successfully build and install thunar but run into
difficulties when I attempt to run it:

    thunar: error while loading shared libraries: libdbus-1.so.2: cannot

The relevant shared lines returned from running ldd:

    libdbus-1.so.1 => not found (appears twice)
    libdbus-1.so.3 => /usr/lib/libdbus-1.so.3 (0xb7595000)

Obviously I don't have the correct shared dbus library installed to get
thunar up and running.  My question is: why was I able to build and
install successfully, isn't the dbus version checked at some point
during the configure/build process?  And second, is there some way I can
get around this or do I have to track down an old dbus package with the
correct shared library version?

Here are my system specs:

AMD XP 2200
Slackware 10.2