[Thunar-dev] Unable to use fuse-mounted file systems

Tim Tassonis timtas at cubic.ch
Wed May 31 18:11:48 CEST 2006

First of all, thunar is coming along really great and is now my
preferred file manager. Thanks a lot.

I problem I am hitting now is with fuse filesystems.

I tried isomount and archivemount and on both, thunar refuses to go into
a directory where such a filesystem is mounted.

Possible reasons:

An archivemount filesystem reports on df:

df: `/home/tit/mnt/_home_tit_cdt.zip': Function not implemented

An strace shows:

statfs("/home/tit/mnt/_home_tit_cdt.zip", 0xbfc5d25c) = -1 ENOSYS
(Function not implemented)

An isomount reports:

df /home/tit/mnt/fuseiso/debian-testing-i386-netinst.iso
fuseiso                      0         0         0   -  \
/home/tit/mnt/fuseiso/debian-testing-i386-netinst.iso

Could this be worked around in thunar or has thunar the opinion that
these calls have to return sane data?

Bye
Tim