[Thunar-dev] thunar and remote server connection, browsing, drag and drop

Matt McClinch mattmcclinch at gmail.com
Wed May 17 06:51:11 CEST 2006

Mike Massonnet wrote:

>Sat, 13 May 2006 16:31:38 +0200 - Benedikt Meurer
><benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de> wrote :
>

>>Mike Massonnet wrote:
>>

>>>Just an enlightenment: what about a specific view for samba?
>>>

>>Whats wrong with smbfs?

1) It's not enabled by default in all systems, and
2) The shares need to be mounted in the first place, and Thunar doesn't
provide a way to see what shares are available in order to mount them.

>My bad, I even don't use shared folders. I thought about a design where
>the views could be used to show something different than the folders.

I like this suggestion.  Are there any plans for making the VFS more
extendible?  That way other people (not necessarily Benny) could add
support for smb://, ftp://, tar:/, etc. at the VFS level, possibly
through plugins.

>>>Mike.
>>>

>>Benedikt

Matt