[Thunar-dev] B1 weirdness

Jari Rahkonen jari.rahkonen at pp1.inet.fi
Mon May 1 14:24:26 CEST 2006

Roberto Pariset wrote:
> Howdy Benny,
>
> Benedikt Meurer wrote:
>> Only the dialog closes, right? This does not crash Thunar? Can you
>> reproduce it with xfdesktop?
>
> Right, Thunar doesn't crash, only dialog closes.
>
> Unfortunately, I am still using Xfce 4.2 but with Thunar B1 (as in Debian
> Sid). Please rely on Yves-Alexis Perez who is in the Debian Xfce Team and
> is packaging 4.4 already.
>
> Happy hacking,
> Roberto
>

> PS: Jari: what write permissions do you need? -rw-r--r--? Because if I have
> those nothing is changing for me.

It seems like the bug is triggered as long as I can write to the file.
Everything's fine if I don't have those permissions (e.g. if I set the
file permissions to something like -r--r--r-- or the file is owned and
only writable by root). That way the widgets in the Launcher tab are
insensitive but then the dialog doesn't close unexpectedly.

> PPS: is the /usr/share/applications bug and the .desktop bug the same bug
> or it's two unrelated things?

I don't see the crash when entering /usr/share/applications in the svn
trunk version of Thunar, so this might already have been fixed after the
beta. Assuming that's the bug you're referring to.

- Jari