[Thunar-dev] multiple selection in icon view

Matt McClinch mattmcclinch at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 22:39:51 CEST 2006

Hi Benny,

I don't completely agree with the way Thunar handles multiple
selection of files in icon view.  For example, if I select a file and
then shift+click another file, I am not trying to define a selection
rectangle, but rather specify the first and last objects in a
contiguous region of the list.  Try this: select a file, and then
press shift+right arrow repeatedly, and watch what happens to the
selection as the cursor moves to the next row.  Not exactly what I
would expect, and not at all what I intend.

I had some observations about the selection rectangle itself, but
since the idea of a "rectangle of files" doesn't make sense to me, I
won't bother you with them.  If it works fine for the people who use
it, then it's probably not broken.

Matt