[Thunar-dev] Feature request optional dual pane view modeand other requests

Mikko Linnalo mlinnalo at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 20:35:34 CEST 2006

On Sun, 2006-03-26 at 12:57 -0500, Aaron wrote:
> > > 4. For the single click selection mode hovering over an item should
> > > select it instead of the current behavior which forces one to ctrl+click
> > > in order to select files without actually opening them.  In Internet
> > > Explorer for example when one sets the mouse click to single hovering
> > > over an item selects it and holding down ctrl or shift and dragging
> > > selects multiple files.
> >
> > Yep, this somewhat broke the detailed list view, that's why I disabled
> > it for the alpha2. File a bugreport, I'll see if I can get this working
> > for the beta.
>
> if this is implemented could this be an option? i really hate this
> feature, and if your using a webpage in single click, links arent
> highlighted for you, so the same should apply here.

Options never hurt, makes Thunar feature rich and very customizable for
users own needs. Quite poor comparison though, you never need to select
an link or several links from a web page, nor move or copy it same way
than with file managers.

This hover-highlighting improves user-friendliness pretty much, how
about leaving the the option on as default when using single click?

-Mikko Linnalo