[Thunar-dev] Screenshots

Henrik Andersen simsalabimladen at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 14:21:45 CEST 2006

On 26/03/06, Doug Whiteley <dougwhiteley at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 00:26:17 +0100
> Benedikt Meurer <benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de> wrote:
>
> > Hey guys,
> >
> > I'm looking for some cool screenshots to put on the website for the
> > upcoming BETA1.
>
> http://alpha.hostingbeyond.co.uk/~rezza/webstuff/now.png
>
> --
> Doug Whiteley

I think it would be preferable if these screenshots used more default
configurations; that the GTK+ theme, the icon theme, and the window
manager theme were what is going to be the default in XFCE4.4 or in
GNOME 2.14/2.16, so as to not alienate the user. I would be
disappointed if I downloaded what I thought was a rather cool app, and
ended up with an app that turned out to look exactly like every other
app on my desktop. Alternately, I would be disappointed to hear of a
clean, usable file manager, and see all sorts of unfamiliar stuff in
the screenshots.

So Thunar screenshots with default themes, without shell files and
lots of bookmarks, without being overlapped by a web browser, and
maybe some more showing off some other features like thumbnailing, the
various menus and dialogues, etc. sounds like a good idea to me.
Unfortunately, Dapper just died on me, so I can't take any myself.

--
"In Paris they simply stared when I spoke to them in French; I never
succeeded in making those idiots understand their language."