[Thunar-dev] In progress ... Thunar tag/meta based mass renaming plugin

Jannis Pohlmann info at sten-net.de
Wed Mar 22 23:41:13 CET 2006

Hey,

just felt like putting up a screenshot of what I wrote this evening.

I talked to Benny about his bulk renamers. He told me it would be great
to see a ID3/meta tag based renamer as well and as I'm very pleased
with his work, I thought: Hey, do him the favor.

So far, I've modified his example plugin thunar-archive-plugin so I can
use it, copied contents of thunar-sbr-provider.{c,h} and implemented a
complete renamer called ThunarSbrTagRenamer. It uses the C bindings of
TagLib (which Brian also uses for Xfmedia) for loading the meta
information. This way, the renamer can handle ID3v1 and v2, OGG and
Vorbis comments in FLAC files.

What the plugin basically will do is allowing you to rename a bunch of
media files to a naming scheme of your choice. A naming scheme in this
case could be

  - "Track - Artist - Title" or
  - "Track - Artist - Record - Title" or
  - "Artist - Title" or
  - "Track - Record - Artist - Title".

I'm going to provide several pre-defined schemes for you. Additionally,
the renamer will support replacing spaces with "_" and the other way
round.

So here's a preliminary screenshot:
  http://gezeiten.org/~jannis/thunar-sbr-tag-renamer.png

Hope you like it,