[Thunar-dev] copying files from CD

N. Volbers mithrandir42 at web.de
Sat Mar 18 09:23:07 CET 2006

I noticed the following problem that still exists in the latest
available alpha version of Thunar: When I copy a directory from CD, e.g.
'/mnt/cdrom/foo', and the directory contains a sub-directory, e.g.
'/mnt/cdrom/foo/sub' to the hard-drive, e.g. to '/home/nv', then the
copy will fail.

It seems as if Thunar creates a directory '/home/nv/foo' with the same
permissions as on the CD. This means that the created directory has no
write permissions and consequently Thunar is not able to create
'/home/nv/foo/sub'.

Is this a mis-configuration on my side or a Thunar bug?

Best regards,

Niklas.