[Thunar-dev] Minor things part $PREVIOUS++

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Wed Mar 15 13:58:07 CET 2006

Sebastian wrote:

> I would have to agree with Harold here. Say you're browsing through a
> folder full of lots of content, maintaining a collection of something
> large. You decided to delete something, and then wish to continue
> browsing from where you left off. Yet now your position has been reset
> and you have to start back at the beginning or awkwardly use the mouse
> to reselect your place again.
>
> Sure the alternative is to select multiple files, yet without
> considering that it's easy to miss-click and loose 30 some selected
> files, what if you want to open on of the files to further investigate
> its contents. Do this and you lose your selection. Delete the selection
> and your place gets reset and you must avoid using arrow keys or you'll
> have to refind your place.
>
> I'd say while using keyboard and mouse together this isn't so bad, but
> it makes using the keyboard by itself inefficient.

Guys, I think you are confusing the cursor with the selection. When
deleting an item from the icon view, the cursor (if set) will be placed
on the next item (or if there's no next item, on the prev item). The
next item won't be selected, but it will have the keyboard focus. So
keyboard navigation works perfectly here.