[Thunar-dev] twin pane view for thunar?

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Wed Mar 15 00:22:11 CET 2006

Björn Martensen wrote:
> hi
>
> i'm pretty new to thunar and i really like it a lot!
>
> I registered mainly because of a bug that i found to be already fixed in
> current svn :>
>
> but i'd like to know if there is a twin pane view planned for thunar, or
> tabs as in pcmanfm [1], which would make copying and moving of files
> better with only one instance of thunar. I really love the twin pane
> view and would be very happy to see that one in thunar.
> perhaps a mode without the side pane but with 2 panes.

Not for the first release. It's a completely different UI concept, which
doesn't really fit with Thunars philosophy (the main goal is to provide
an easy-to-use file manager, not an all around tool, so features will
have to be cut off to ensure that we actually reach that goal).

You can however write your own "frontent" with TwinPane. The most
important stuff is available in the thunar-vfs/thunarx libraries, and
you can probably c&p a lot of the internals of Thunar.