[Thunar-dev] Minor things part $PREVIOUS++

Harold Aling h.aling at home.nl
Tue Mar 14 23:33:03 CET 2006

Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> Harold Aling wrote:
>
>>> That's the expected behaviour. When you delete the selected item(s),
>>> nothing will be selected. What you requested was that the cursor/anchor
>>> should be moved to the next item, and that's what it does now.
>>>

>> Ah, sorry if I wasn't clear on what I suggested. I indeed would like
>> thunar to select the next available item in the same view I'm deleting
>> files in.
>>

> This would be rather confusing as default behaviour for ExoIconView.
>

>> I use my keyboard a lot so if I want to delete file A and C in a list of
>> (...) A B C (...), I'd like to use this key sequence: <navigate to A
>>

> You can select multiple files at once using Ctrl/Shift, and delete them
> using a single <del> key press.

I know what the alternatives are, but when browsing through a bunch of
files, I delete them one at a time. This is how I do it for years now in
Explorer. Detailed list, arrow keys and page down/up to go down/up the
list and then hit delete when I want to delete a file.

It isn't that I don't want to comply with the default behavior of
ExoIconView, this is how I feel it should be implemented because it's
the natural way to behave... Even my girlfriend found the current
behavior a bit awkward, and she is more of a mouse-type.

It can't be that I'm the only one who thinks this should be the default
behavior? Or am I?
> Benedikt

-H-