[Thunar-dev] automount

Jannis Pohlmann info at sten-net.de
Tue Mar 14 14:01:28 CET 2006

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 14:51:17 +0200
Jani Monoses <jani.monoses at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Benedikt
>
> what is the reason for not automounting inserted media but waiting
> for the user to click on it? It is especially confusing when in
> a /media/dir remove/insert and a manual refresh or explicit mount is
> needed to see the contents again.

>From my point of view, it's good to not auto-mount devices. I have an
USB harddrive with three labeled partions ("devel", "virtual",
"private"). I mount this using a self-written script. They are mounted
to /home/jannis/<label>. Thunar/HAL would mount them to /media/<label>,
which personally, I don't like.

The refresh problem you mentioned I would consider to be a bug.

Regards,
Jannis