[Thunar-dev] Stripping file extension in custom actions

Xavier Dectot xavier.dectot at culture.gouv.fr
Thu Mar 9 16:48:46 CET 2006

My question probably is stupid, but I can't seem to find the answer, so
here I come : I'm trying to create a custom action that would allow me
to convert images to PNG format. So I created a custom action using
imagemagick :

convert %n %n.png

The problem is : with this method, I end up with a double extension
(exemple.tiff is converted to exemple.tiff.png).

Is there anyway I can strip %n of it's extension ? I'm sure there is an
obvious one I'm not seeing (else, I'll just script something...).

Thanks for the help (and keep up the good work).