[Thunar-dev] Minor things part $PREVIOUS++

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Thu Mar 9 12:36:03 CET 2006

Harold Aling wrote:
> I keep finding really minor stuff. Should I post these things on the
> mailing list, create bug reports or mail you (Benedikt) directly?

Use the mailinglist.

> 1. Add a 'sync' context menu button for async mounted removable media

There's unmount, no need for sync (well, you can create a plugin for it
if you want, but it's not something that belongs into the file manager
by default).

> 2. If Thunar is unable to get a file listing from a location within X
> seconds, spawn a notification (retry, cancel) dialog.

Ehm, no. This doesn't make sense.

> 3. When copying/moving files to an other location, check if the
> destination has enough free space to hold that files.

It does that already while copying.

> 4. Always truncate really large filenames in dialogs (the 'Failed to
> write data to "[path/filename]": No space left on device' dialog can be
> very wide)

Yeah, I need to find a better way to display such errors.