[Thunar-dev] Tree?

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Wed Mar 8 17:47:53 CET 2006

Nick Deubert wrote:
> Hey Benedikt (and others),
> Great job on Thunar so far, I anxiously look forward to each release!
>
> Sorry if this question was already asked but I could find anyway to
> search the mailing list and I've only been subscribed for a short
> time... I was playing with the latest release and trying it figure out
> if there is (still) a way to turn on the tree in the side pane like in
> this screenshot on the wiki:
> http://thunar.xfce.org/wiki/media/ui/suggestion-20050320/tree_entry.png
> has it been removed for now? forever?

It's on the way (scheduled for beta1).

http://www.xfce.org/~benny/tmp/thunar-tree-view.png

> Also I wouldn't mind helping out with the project... I can do C++
> programming (among other languages) and wouldn't mind doing little
> things you need done at first to get my feet wet. The jobs page didn't
> really have specific tasks, so I thought I'd ask here. I haven't done
> any open source C++ before(I've done some C) but I do all object
> oriented stuff at my job and I like to think I'm a fast learner so let
> me know!

Right now, what is most needed is someone who takes care of the user
manual, and connecting the various "Help" buttons in Thunar
(thunar-dialogs.c contains a function to popup the documentation).

Other than that, you can check the leftover bugzilla entries for Thunar.