[Thunar-dev] Zooming

Benedikt Meurer benny at xfce.org
Mon Mar 6 23:23:21 CET 2006

Peter wrote:
> ctrl+mousewheel behavior in Thunar is opposite Nautilus.  I don't know
> if anybody cares about being consistent with Nautilus in any way, but I
> personally find the Nautilus behavior more natural.  Just a random
> observation.

That was changed on request to match the behaviour of Firefox.

> Another thing I've been meaning to ask about is why Thunar uses
> exo-icon-view instead of gtk-icon-view.  Do you want compatability with
> GTK versions older than 2.6?  Is gtk-icon-view too Nautilus-centric?

GtkIconView has absolutely nothing to do with Nautilus. Nautilus' icon
view is based on EelCanvas.

ExoIconView is API-compatible with GtkIconView, but its faster, requires
less memory and is IMHO more maintainable than some parts of
GtkIconView. Besides that, ExoIconView provides some additional
features, like type-ahead search and single-click navigation.

Xfce  --  small, stable, fast  --  http://www.xfce.org/

           (__)
           (oo)
     /------\/