[Thunar-dev] Some minor thingies...

Harold Aling h.aling at home.nl
Sat Mar 4 23:51:35 CET 2006

Stavros Giannouris wrote:
> On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 15:55:02 +0100
> Harold Aling <h.aling at home.nl> wrote:
>

>> Benedikt,
>>
>> Here's an other minor question/report on Thunar...
>>
>> 2. In double click mode, what's the use of being able to select a
>> 'favorite'? I'd like to single-click in the left pane to activate
>> that location and double-click to activate items in the right pane...
>>

> Consistency. When I am in doube click mode, I expect that my clicks
> should have the same behaviour everywhere, otherwhise accidents may
> happen. ;-)

At work they force me to work with Windows and it's dreaded Explorer.
All things in the left pane are single click and the right pane double
click by default. This is how I'm used to work, and I'm probably not
alone in this.

Plus the fact that I can't think of any reason to select a location
since you can't do anything with it...
>> 3. Desktop... I use that shortcut in the GTK file chooser regularly,
>> so I really would like it in the top locations in the left pane.
>>

> You can arrange the order of your favourites with DnD.

Consistency... You've said it before... If the Desktop folder is
everywhere on your computer, but not in Thunar, that's strange...