[Thunar-dev] Few suggestions, again...

LiNuCe linuce at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 01:29:22 CET 2006

Wed, 01 Mar 2006 00:27:32 +0200 - Mikko Linnalo <mlinnalo at gmail.com> :
> On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 23:17 +0100, Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> > Hm, dunno. "Show hidden files" shouldn't be used very often. I'd
> > say, if you find yourself hitting Ctrl+H very often, something is
> > wrong with your way of organizing your files. But as said,
> > dunno...
>
> Maybe it just me then. I found fast access to hidden files usefull
> atleast when playing around with config files and modifying themes,
> not a common use case for oridinary user I guess...

Good guess. The right menu should be thin by default. If you don't
like Ctrl+H keyboard shortcut, you can use whatever simple shortcut
you like such as F3 for example (point the mouse cursor on the "Show
hidden files" menu entry and press F3).

The Xfce XSettings manager does not alow you to redefine keyboard
shortcuts (GNOME's one allows that), so you may want to add the
following line in your ~/.gtkrc-2.0 :

   gtk-can-change-accels = 1

You need to quit a GTK+ application in order this change to take
effect.

--
LiNuCe