[Thunar-dev] Feature request (let's search more quickilytickily)

Anssi Kaariainen anssi.kaariainen at vaestoliitto.fi
Fri Jun 30 08:47:08 CEST 2006

Aaron Fineman wrote:
> btw, something i just noticed in itunes, if you start typing text in
> the search bar, it does a search on the fly and narrows down the files
> being shown to just what matches your search pattern. interesting idea
> if you can impliment it without a hell of a lot of cpu usage.
I have been thinking to take this one step further. I would like to have
search boxes for every field in Thunar. Something like this:

Name                   Size              Type           Date Modified...
| *uturama*  & *S4*    |                 |Video         | >1-1-2000

These filters would only modify the shown files, not the selection. With
the above filters you would only see Futurama season 4 files of type
video and modified after year 2000. After that you could sort the shown
files by size and so on.

The only small problem is that I don't know almost anything about
programming and even less about Thunar. The good thing is that this
summer I have plenty of time. Would it be possible to implement this,
perhaps as a plug-in? And would anybody actually use these filter boxes?

Anssi Kaariainen