[Thunar-dev] Feature request (let's search more quickilytickily)

Aaron Fineman aaronf0 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 00:12:00 CEST 2006

On 6/28/06, Mike Massonnet <mmassonnet at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering if it would be possible to select multiple files with the
> little text-entry which appears when hitting ctrl-f or start typing
> letters.
>
> My idea is the next: use simple regexp matches, e.g. *.ogg, to select
> files.  I know there is already this function with ctrl-s ("Select by
> matches" IIR) but it should be more common to make use of this feature
> with the little entry.
>
> Tell me your feelings about this implementation ;-)
>
> Mike

i like it. why isnt it implemented by default? or even a find next feature?

btw, something i just noticed in itunes, if you start typing text in
the search bar, it does a search on the fly and narrows down the files
being shown to just what matches your search pattern. interesting idea
if you can impliment it without a hell of a lot of cpu usage.