[Thunar-dev] Unable to use fuse-mounted file systems

Tim Tassonis timtas at cubic.ch
Tue Jun 6 14:18:11 CEST 2006

Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> Tim Tassonis wrote:
>
> Can you try to compile w/o FAM/Gamin?

I now installed xfce beta from debian unstable and there it works fine.

I know have two scripts, isomount and arcmount, defined as applications
for ISO Images and zip files respectively, that will mount the file
using fuse, then launch thunar on the derived mount point and unmount
the file after this thunar instance closes:
fuseiso $FILENAME $MOUNTPOINT
thunar $MOUNTPOINT
fusermount -u $MOUNTPOINT

Works mostly great. I get completely seamless integration of virtual
filesystems, with all the functionality of thunar.

Which brings me to my next question. Is it possible to start thunar with
some command line options for the behaviour of this one invocation, not
changing the usual defaults. My idea would be something like this:

thunar --sidepane=none \
        --location-selector=toolbar \
        --view=details \
        --no-home-escape

meaning that I get no sidepane, a toolbar location selector, a detail
view and the inability to go out of the directory thunar was invoked with.

Bye
Tim