[Thunar-dev] Experimental Thunar Trash tarball

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Fri Jul 28 00:43:29 CEST 2006

Björn Martensen wrote:

>>>BTW: The patch didn't cause the crashes when deleting a folder.
>>>I just reverted the patch and built again (crashes from the tree are
>>>back) and without the patch thunar segfaults too when I delete a folder.
>>
>>Hm, no the patch is not correct. Just checked GtkTreeStore. The node
>>must be unlinked prior to emitting "row-deleted".
>>
>>The funny thing is, I've been testing in valgrind for about an hour now,
>>on both Linux and FreeBSD using GTK+ 2.8.17 and 2.18.8, but I don't see
>>any of those warnings. Just warnings about leaked memory in ORBit,
>>D-BUS, libc, lixfce4util, glib.
>
> I just downgraded gtk from 2.10.1 to 2.8.20 and I don't get any crashes
> with 2.8.* so it must be related to gtk 2.10.

It's indeed a bug in GtkTreeModelFilter in GTK+ 2.10 (see my last
comment on the bug report). Unfortunately, there's not much we can do in
Thunar to work-around that bug (except bookkeeping of all allocated tree
nodes and validating them in unref_node(), but that'd be a real pain and
an immense overhead). So GTK+ 2.10 users will have to use the shortcuts
pane for now and wait for the GTK+ people to fix the problem.