[Thunar-dev] Experimental Thunar Trash tarball

Björn Martensen bjoern.martensen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 00:10:28 CEST 2006

Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> Björn Martensen wrote:
>> However, the other two crashes I reported that occur in the treeview
>> sidepane are still present.
>
> If the backtrace shows g_slice_alloc() or g_slice_alloc0(), try set the
> environment variable G_SLICE to always-malloc and enable malloc()
> debugging (man malloc should provide the required info for your libc
> implementation), and check if you are still able to reproduce the crash.

That helped. No crashes anymore.
I set G_SLICE=always-malloc and MALLOC_CHECK_=1 and after exiting thunar
and doing the stuff that caused crashes before I now get

*** glibc detected *** thunar: free(): invalid pointer: 0x08346b28 ***
*** glibc detected *** thunar: free(): invalid pointer: 0x08348fd0 ***
*** glibc detected *** thunar: free(): invalid pointer: 0x0834a568 ***

Björn