[Thunar-dev] two features request

Jaap Karssenberg j.g.karssenberg at student.utwente.nl
Wed Jul 26 12:39:25 CEST 2006

Benedikt Meurer wrote:
.. 8< ..
>> and ...
>> when you drag & drop from thunar to a terminal it pastes the name but also
>> it put/run an "enter". I would like to have only the pasted text and no the
>> enter command.
>>

> text/uri-list requires a \r\n after each URI. The terminals could
> however strip the \r\n before pasting if its only a single URI, tho that
> would be rather inconsistent.

Going off topic here since the paste behavior of the terminal has
nothing to do with thunar, but....
Why would it be inconsistent for a program to parse the text/uri-list
before pasting !? I think in all cases a terminal should replace the
\r\n sequences with spaces before pasting, this is the only sensible
thing to do for a terminal to paste text/uri-list. On the other hand,
when the terminal does _not_ use text/uri-list and the copy-paste target
defaults to text/plain (I assume that thunar can copy/past text/plain
targets ?) than it should paste the text "as is" -- after all we might
try to paste to an editor in the terminal.

To get back on topic: _if_ thunar can copy paste as plain/text and _if_
that is what happens with this particular terminal -- it would be
thunars responsebility to give some text to the terminal. No need there
to append a \n to a single uri.

-- Jaap <pardus at cpan.org>