[Thunar-dev] Some ideas to improve Thunar.

Laurent Meunier meunier.laurent at laposte.net
Tue Jan 31 08:01:37 CET 2006

>> 4/ About the location bar and navigation buttons, this location selector
>> is very useful... until you don't need the next/previous arrow buttons.
>> My idea is to use the same size for all buttons and to fill the location
>> bar with them (only if necessary). It's hard to explain (and my english
>> is very bad ;-) ), so if you want I could take screenshots to show you.
>
> Please take a screenshot then.

I open Thunar an go to the folder :
~/xfce4-svn/gtk-xfce-engine-svn/src/gtk-xfce-engine-2/autom4te.cache
--> http://fogoh.free.fr/misc/thunar-shot-01.png

With one click on the previous button, there is still space on the right
of the last button ('gtk-xfce-engine-2') even if this button is not
really the last, there is still the 'autom4te.cache' after.
--> http://fogoh.free.fr/misc/thunar-shot-02.png

And one last click on the same button, the only difference is that there
is one more button (home) and the last button is the same as before.
--> http://fogoh.free.fr/misc/thunar-shot-03.png

Now, with one click on the next button, I go directly to step 1
(01.png). In a way, I need 2 actions to traverse the path, and in the
other way, only one.

Laurent