[Thunar-dev] Some ideas to improve Thunar.

Mikko Linnalo mlinnalo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 23:14:37 CET 2006

On ma, 2006-01-30 at 22:55 +0100, Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> Laurent Meunier wrote:
> > 1/ Now that Thunar support zoom level to display icons. Could it be
> > possible to change zoom level with the mouse, something like ctrl +
> > wheelup (zoom in) or wheeldown (zoom out) ?
>
> Doable, but don't think that's really required. How often does one
> change the zoom level?

Quite often when browsing pictures (atleast me). When increasing icon
size is that easy, Thunar can work as kind of image browser making user
find the image he's looking for much easier.

> > 5/ In icon view, with 'Text beside icons' selected and a high zoom
> > level, a lot of space is lost. This space could be used to display more
> > informations like file size, mime type, mtime, etc. Those informations
> > could be displayed juste below file name (in grey to differentiate from
> > the file name).
>
> File a feature request for it. Dunno if it will make it into 1.0.

I thought about this also, showing e.g. filesize with lighter colour and
smaller font underneath would be a nice addition in this view mode (now
it just moves the text).

One tiny issue that I noticed: filesize shown in status pane is using
"K" instead of "k" when size is shown in kilobytes. Megs (M) and gigs
(G) are shown with correct capitalisation.

-Mikko Linnlo