[Thunar-dev] Selecting files in single click mode

LiNuCe linuce at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 23:22:28 CET 2006

Sat, 25 Feb 2006 18:59:49 +0200 - Mikko Linnalo <mlinnalo at gmail.com> :
> On Sat, 2006-02-25 at 17:04 +0100, Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> > Hm, this makes the icon view somewhat tricky to use in single
> > click mode. It's too easy to accidently select a file now.
> >
> > Benedikt
>
> If you're referring to functionality from the patch, I don't see the
> harm in accidental selection of a file (does not happen that easily
> anyway IMHO). That's how it works in all single click apps I've
> seen, people are used to it.
>
> -Mikko

I have never seen such single click behavior (at least under Linux,
but since I have used Windows maybe 4 or 5 days in the past years...),
but I really like it as it is quite usefull : in single click mode,
there is now (r20095) a way to see the size of a file by hovering it.
Without this behavior, one has to right click (in single click mode)
to get the size in properties dialog (ok, it is also possible to
click and drag the cursor to select the file with a selection
rectangle, but this is is even less efficient).

P.S.F.S (PS for Slackers) :
   SlackBuild for exo & Thunar SVN r20095 available at :
      - http://linuce.free.fr/.private/thunar-snapshot/

--
LiNuCe