[Thunar-dev] Improving browsing in Thunar

LiNuCe linuce at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 00:32:38 CET 2006

Hello,

   Here is a small advice on improving navigation in Thunar.

The problem (and how to reproduce it)

   I go to /usr/doc where there are hundred of folders, I scroll down
enough to be sure the folder I'm going to open is down enough to
be out of the Thunar view if I scroll to the top of it :

      http://linuce.free.fr/screenshots/thunar-dev/thunar-browsing.0.png

   Now, I select bsd-games-2.13/ and I open this folder :

      http://linuce.free.fr/screenshots/thunar-dev/thunar-browsing.1.png

   Then, I go back to its parent folder, /usr/doc, either with the
Back icon of the toolbar, or with the Parent icon of the toolbar
(or with the Alt+Up keyboard shortcut) :

      http://linuce.free.fr/screenshots/thunar-dev/thunar-browsing.2.png

   As you can see on this screenshot, the Thunar view does not show
the bsd-games-2.13/ folder from where I come from.

Expected results

   An expected result would be the Thunar view to select the
bsd-games-2.13/ folder when going back from bsd-games-2.13/
to /usr/doc (or at least to scroll the view in order to show it) :

      http://linuce.free.fr/screenshots/thunar-dev/thunar-browsing.3.png

P.S. :

   I'm using Exo & Thunar r19988 as provided on 21-Feb-2006 by the
Xfce daily snapshot archives at :

      http://www.foo-projects.org/~pollux/xfce-snapshots/.

   For Slackers who wish to package these 2 softwares, here are the
SlackBuild archives I have used :

      http://linuce.free.fr/.private/thunar-snapshot/

--
LiNuCe