[Thunar-dev] Trash script

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Tue Feb 21 20:11:39 CET 2006

Benedikt Meurer wrote:
>>If Thunar only will support ~/.Trash/ as trash folder, then the trash
>>shouldn't be used for files on removable media. Besides that, ~/.Trash/
>>is definitely better than no trash at all.

BTW: I'm not a fan of this part of the trash-spec either. It makes sense
for most "non-removable media", but in the case of removable media (i.e.
your usbstick), if you delete data, you'll most probably do this because
you need space to copy new stuff to your usbstick. So, it's pretty
confusing if you delete stuff and still the same amount of free space is
used; so you'll have to lookup the "deleted" files in your (singleton!)
trash can first and "delete" them again.