[Thunar-dev] Some inconveniences in my point of view

Aaron aaronf0 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 19:07:29 CET 2006

well, in the case of refreshing, i found a bug. sometimes it just
kinda fails, and i just end up with an empty directory, that i have to
change out of, then back into to force a refresh. seems to happen when
deleting lots of things, 2-3 at a time. seems gamin just shits out
sometimes, and a manual refresh button or menuitem would be very
welcome.

On 2/18/06, jaanus <sodi at hot.ee> wrote:
> Li Jason wrote:
>
> > Hi, I noticed the Thunar project some days ago by accident. To tell
> > the truth, I like Thunar, it is simple and easy to use, nice and kind.
> > But during my trial period, I find some inconvenient problems:
> > 1. Why the mouse drag motion in the Thunar is a copy action? For
> > instance, when I drag a file into one folder, the file will be copied
> > into that folder, not the originally move action. I am curious about it.
>
> hold down shift and it will move, hold down ctrl to copy, simple :)
>
> > 2. When I use the Ctrl+X or Ctrl+C, there is no notification in the
> > Thunar, I believe that it is kind of not user-friendly. I suggest that
> > there should be some information shown in the Thunar interface when
> > the user press Ctrl+X or Ctrl+C.
>
> as Yves already said, they are grayed out
>

> > 3. Another problem is about the Delete action, the delete action in
> > Thunar is permanently deleted, a trash folder will be needed to avoid
> > some mistakes.
>
> this will be implemented later, patience
>
> > 4. The Thunar could not refresh the active folder by itself, when I
> > create a new file or folder in the terminal, and the Thunar has
> > already make that folder opened, I hope the Thunar could automatically
> > refresh the new file out, but it cannot. Only when I change to another
> > folder, and change it back, the new file will be shown in Thunar.
>
> compile with gamin support
>
> > 5. The Thunar could not create a new file, only the new folder is
> > supported.
>
> yeah, latest revision has that support already
>

> > I am looking forward to the new features coming out soon.:)
> >
> > ps: The Thunar version I used is Thunar 0.2.0alpha-r19548

If it moves, COMPILE IT!!! Yay Gentoo!!!