[Thunar-dev] Some inconveniences in my point of view

Li Jason xyzgentoo at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 08:03:49 CET 2006

Hi, I noticed the Thunar project some days ago by accident. To tell the
truth, I like Thunar, it is simple and easy to use, nice and kind. But
during my trial period, I find some inconvenient problems:
1. Why the mouse drag motion in the Thunar is a copy action? For instance,
when I drag a file into one folder, the file will be copied into that
folder, not the originally move action. I am curious about it.
2. When I use the Ctrl+X or Ctrl+C, there is no notification in the Thunar,
I believe that it is kind of not user-friendly. I suggest that there should
be some information shown in the Thunar interface when the user press Ctrl+X
or Ctrl+C.
3. Another problem is about the Delete action, the delete action in  Thunar
is permanently deleted, a trash folder will be needed to avoid some
mistakes.
4. The Thunar could not refresh the active folder by itself, when I create a
new file or folder in the terminal, and the Thunar has already make that
folder opened, I hope the Thunar could automatically refresh the new file
out, but it cannot. Only when I change to another folder, and change it
back, the new file will be shown in Thunar.
5. The Thunar could not create a new file, only the new folder is supported.

I am looking forward to the new features coming out soon.:)

ps: The Thunar version I used is Thunar 0.2.0alpha-r19548