[Thunar-dev] French Thunar article

Danny Milosavljevic dannym at xfce.org
Fri Feb 17 18:42:09 CET 2006

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 16.02.2006, 18:13 +0100 schrieb Landry:
> Erik Harrison wrote:

> >>It's a very positive article. It basically explains why Thunar and not
> >>Xffm for various usability concerns.
> >>
> >>Then it explains that even if Thunar is considered alpha, it's fairly
> >>stable and usable.

very nice :)

> >>Then he says the things he finds the most annoying is the double click
> >>ala windows.

Oh yes... the time when computers are fast enough for me _not_ to care
accidentially opening a document by (single-)clicking somewhere is
*still* far away... so what's the obsession with
single-clicking-sitting-on-a-bomb which launches something that takes
forever (> 1.5 sec) to load (think openoffice, ...).

> He also mentions the mouse gestures for navigation (humm, I
> >>didn't know that myself!), but that sounds rather positive.
> >>

> >Mouse gestures? Someone care to point me in the right direction?
> >

> In the file window, if you click on the middle button (not on a file, on
> the background), you can navigate with the mouse in your tree.
> I discovered it yesterday too.

Sigh.. I don't get it why apps use the middle mouse button for mouse
gestures... by far the most widely used mouse is 2 buttons + wheel (the
latter doubles as "middle" mouse button when you hold really still).

Holding the wheel while moving the mouse (and not moving the wheel) is
really hard ...

Having a 5 button mouse, I don't need gestures that much, but... what's
the deal with that?

I know that using the right mouse button somewhat clashes with the popup
menu when you use the popup menu in a
hold-mouse-button-down-move-to-menu-item-then-release-mouse-button way
(which I like), but even breaking that would be better than wheel
magic...

cheers,
  Danny