[Thunar-dev] thunar icons, and make-thunarx-alias.pl errors

Harold Aling h.aling at home.nl
Tue Feb 14 21:33:03 CET 2006

Benedikt Meurer wrote:

>>> Sorry, I meant 5.10, the latest stable release.
>>>
>> Ahummm, it works now! Definitely impressive good work Benny!
>>

> What was the problem?
>
> And so we can conclude that HAL works on Debian/Ubuntu, but doesn't work
> as documented on other platforms?! Does anybody if Fedora & Co. use a
> patch for gnome-vfs to make it work? Because right now, we use a similar
> startup procedure as gnome-vfs.

I use gentoo with a hal/ivman combination, and it works perfectly here...

genthree ~ # equery l hal
[ Searching for package 'hal' in all categories among: ]
 * installed packages
[I--] [  ] sys-apps/hal-0.5.5.1-r3 (0)
genthree ~ # equery l ivman
[ Searching for package 'ivman' in all categories among: ]
 * installed packages
[I--] [  ] sys-apps/ivman-0.6.9 (0)

Thanx!

-H-