[Thunar-dev] Icon theme

Pasi Orovuo pasi.ov at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 18:44:13 CET 2006

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 06:07:24PM +0100, Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> hernux wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've installed the svn version of xfce and thunar in a folder
> > (/home/hernux/usr/xfce-dev) .. the problem is, that I recently removed
> > xfce 4.2, and now thunar icons are broken... so, I think that thunar was
> > using xfce4.2 icons, that were located in /usr/share/icons ..
> >
> > How can I tell thunar to look for icons in another folder?
>
> Thunar uses whatever icon theme you select. Just select another icon
> theme using your preferred xsettings manager (i.e. xfce-mcs-manager or
> gnome-settings-daemon).
>
> > hernux
>
> Benedikt

I'm seeing the same behaviour with a bunch of programs (Terminal,
Thunar, Xfmedia etc...). I'd guess Gtk can't find the icons, as they're
installed in a different prefix (/opt/xfce4-svn) in my case, and shows
the default broken image icon[1].

I'd guess there is a fix, but as it has not bothered me too much, I
haven't looked into it.

-Pasi

[1]: http://medusa.tutka.fi/~pasi/broken_icons.jpg