[Thunar-dev] List View Option: Fixed Width Columns

Daniel Schneidereit dschn001 at stud.informatik.fh-wiesbaden.de
Tue Feb 14 07:22:04 CET 2006

Hi,

first of all, it's great someone is working on a new Linux filebrowser
as I wasn't happy with any there was out there. I'm having high hopes
for Thunar and am sure I'm not getting disappointed.

I prefer the List View in file browsers. What I noticed in current
Thunar SVN is, that it auto-resizes the column width, at least of the
filename column. That's an OK feature, but it'd be great if there were
an option to disable this. Constant width columns enhances the overview,
imho.

It would be great if this will find its way in the final release.
Thanks alot in advance.

Daniel Schneidereit