[Thunar-dev] thunar icons, and make-thunarx-alias.pl errors

Yo'av Moshe bjesus at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 23:30:18 CET 2006

Well, it's a bit better now! Thanks.

Here's what I've done:
1. Started Thunar.
2. Put a CD inside.
3. Nothing happend. Mounted it.
4. Nothing happend. Started Thunar again.
5. CD was shown, with it's label as a name. Worked nicely. Eject
didn't work, but probably because of my system settings.
6. Unmounted the CD. It will still there.
7. Restarted Thunar, it was still there.
8. Took the CD out.
9. Restarted Thunar, it was still there. Couldn't mount it, of course,
but it was shown with the old label.
10. Put another CD, nothing happend.
11. Restarted Thunar. The old label was still there. Clicking it
mounted the new CD, but kept the old label.

How does this work on FreeBSD? Does it update on-the-fly? Does it use
the current CD label?

Now I'm a bit stuck with the old CD label there, even when there's no
CD at all... :)

However, thanks for making it work. It's so nice to use an SVN version.
Yo'av.

On 2/13/06, Benedikt Meurer <benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de> wrote:
> Yo'av Moshe wrote:
> > How can it be seen in action?
> >
> > I've just compiled the latest SVN and checked, and didn't see much.
> > When I insert  a CD into my cdrom, nothing happens, and when I mount
> > it it shows up on Nautilus's sidebar, but not in Thunar.
> >
> > Have I done something wrong?
>
> You need HAL 0.5.x (esp. the -dev package for libhal-storage). I suggest
> to svn up again, as I committed some fixes. If compiled with HAL support
> and hald is running properly, your removable volumes will appear in the
> shortcuts pane, i.e.
>
> http://xfce.org/~benny/tmp/thunar-hal.png
>
> > Yo'av.
>
> Benedikt