[Thunar-dev] Transfer speed while copying

Harold Aling h.aling at home.nl
Fri Feb 3 08:54:38 CET 2006

samuel verstraete wrote:
> What would be interesting me is the actual copying speed. That would
> be the only thing that would interest me, but not at the price of
> performance.
Same for me, but I'm used to cp -g, which displays both the ETA and the
current transfer speed. I tend to focus more on the transfer speed than
the ETA, but that could also be something like: everybody likes to look
at fire... I don't know why...

Anyway: we had our discussion, nobody really wants this feature in, but
nobody would complain if it gets included (and does not create too much
performance overhead). It may be an 'configurable advanced feature'
someday... Until then, I'll use cp -g if I want more info on what's
going on...

Continue the good work grandmaster B!

-H-

(any idea when the desktop-icon-drawing system will be testable?)