[Thunar-dev] ThunarVfsInfo: Bug in thunar_vfs_info_new_for_path?

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Wed Feb 1 15:43:13 CET 2006

Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
> No, that results in the same output. I've attached the build file below
> and also added #define EXO_API_SUBJECT_TO_CHANGE on top of your code.

There was indeed a bug in thunar_vfs_info_new_for_path(), but that
occurred only for .desktop files with non-ASCII filenames.

Does Thunar work for you? What version of shared-mime-info do you use
(if > 0.16, do you have mmap()'able caches)? Does it work with other
files (if so, please send me the XmlIniFile.html)? Have you tried with
-O0 (especially for thunar-vfs)?

Other than that, you could try to add printf statements to thunar-vfs,
maybe that helps to locate the problem.