[Thunar-dev] Desktop Refresh

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Sat Dec 30 14:37:21 CET 2006

Removed the symlink

rm /home/jelle/Desktop/ -R
mkdir ~/Desktop
touch ~/Desktop/text.txt

File shows directly on the desktop

rm ~/Desktop -R

File is not being removed from desktop
Manually refresh Desktop synchronizes the desktop

rm /home/jelle/Desktop/ -R

mkdir ~/test
ln -s ~/test ~/Desktop
touch ~/Desktop/test.txt

File is not shown, had to manually synchronizes the desktop

Bug !

xfdesktop --reload also does not refresh the desktop

PS make sure you backupt your Desktop before testing this. Yesterday I
made a mistake on my ReiserFS 3.6 and I am not been able to recover my
ASCII text files with importand data. foremost will not find it and
rebuiling the ReiserFS tree did also not work. I don't now what to do
now. I am still experimenting on my directly made dd image of the partion.

Can someone please fill the bug report for xfdesktop for me you may post
my email for more contact info. I am really feeling down after losing my
data not a happy new year for me, and I have several deadlines to make.