[Thunar-dev] Desktop Refresh

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Sat Dec 30 13:52:29 CET 2006

Some info about the problem:

I run Xubuntu 6.10 problem was there to on Xubuntu 6.06

I have a directory located at /mnt/hda3/desktop

I have done a:

ln -s ~/Desktop /mnt/hda3/desktop

Now if I create a file with thunar in the directory ~/Desktop
And I go to my main Desktop the file will not be there.
I have to refresh the Desktop like this:

Desktop is not been refreshed. If you go to Menu->Settings->Display
Settings. And let xfce manage your desktop and turns that on and off it
will refresh your desktop.

If you for example create or remove a file on your desktop and will go
with thunar to ~/Desktop the files are good and synchronized.

The problem is if you create a or remove a file from in thunar or with
the command line in ~/Desktop. The desktop will not refresh automatic.

What can we do about it? Can someone confirm this by testing?