[Thunar-dev] Desktop Refresh

Alex Wenzel awusenetSPAMBLOKK at arcor.de
Fri Dec 29 20:46:47 CET 2006

Mike Massonnet wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 29, 2006 at 05:26:59PM +0100, Alex Wenzel wrote:
>> So is there a way to make it refresh regularly (in the sense of
>> set-up-and-forget-about-it)?
>> And could someone give me instructions for that?

> No.  But you can compile it with the support of a File System Monitor
> like gamin (this one is preferred) or FAM.  It will automatically update
> the content when modifications occur in the directory.

It makes me look like an idiot, but the only thing I compiled to date
was a shopping list (I'm still a Linux newbie and certainly no
programmer). Could I get an explanation in baby steps? Please.
And after the kernel is compiled, how would one proceed?

(Yes, I did visit the gamin home page. But it didn't increase my
knowledge very much.)