[Thunar-dev] Thunar in xubuntu edgy launched with wrong settings?

Cory Christison cory.christison at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 21:46:02 CET 2006

Hi there,

    I think I can help you out here. :-) From
http://thunar.xfce.org/pwiki/documentation/faq:
/
  _Why doesn't Thunar execute files marked as executable?_

    For security reasons Thunar only executes files of type
application/x-desktop, application/x-executable and
application/x-shellscript. For desktop files the execution feature will
only be enabled if the desktop file is of type Application and a valid
Exec line is given. For the other types the feature is available if the
file is marked executable for the current user.

    Also note that for application/x-executable and
application/x-shellscript, the types of the file don't really need to
match these types exactly, but it is suffice if the detected type has a
parent that matches one of the two types listed above, or if the
MIME-type is an alias for one of the above.

/    Please advise as to whether or not this is what you were asking.
Your question was not 100% clear to me.

 - Cory Christison