[Thunar-dev] failed to determine mount point for /dev/sda1

Samuel Verstraete samuel.verstraete at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 14:01:44 CET 2006

On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 18:07:43 +0100
Benedikt Meurer <benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de> wrote:

> >> Well, that's sdb1. Whatabout sda1?
> >
> > /dev/sda1 on /media/sda1 type vfat
> > (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,quiet,shortname=mixed,uid=1000,gid=101,umask=077)
>
> Hm, that's weird. The error message indicates that the kernel does not
> know wherer /dev/sda1 is mounted. Do you have gnome-mount installed
> as well?

OK this is fixed :) seems like pmount 0.9.13 is not able to work
together with hal 0.5.8.1. You need to remove a certain line in the
src/pmount-hal.c file (somewhere around line 360) :
dbus_connection_close( dbus_conn );
just delete that line, recompile pmount and everything seems to work
just fine :)

gr,S.