[Thunar-dev] Enhancement with trash

Bob Snyder bob.snyder at cox.net
Thu Dec 7 06:13:42 CET 2006

Jani Monoses wrote:
> anthony viallard wrote:
>
>> yes i know but an option likes that will permit to use only the key
>> "delete"...
>>

> that would mean delete action can vary between different computers and
> surprise users. Unlike mapping other shortcuts like window max/min etc,
> getting this wrong can be a lot costlier.

If the option were set by default to move a file to the trash, and a
user was required to change the option to activate immediate removal on
delete, how would it be surprising to that user that the file is gone?

Frankly, I find it surprising that a desktop environment which claims to
support the Unix philosophy (and generally succeeds imo), doesn't
provide the user with a way to obtain the Unix style rm command action.

Bob S.