[Thunar-dev] Tabbed feature

Danny Milosavljevic danny_milo at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 30 21:30:37 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 04:06:09 +0200, DINH =?utf-8?Q?Vi=C3=AAt_Ho=C3=A0?=
wrote:
>[...]
> Note that gaim has tabs when multiple chats come in. That does not
> make it a web browser.

Which is one of the first things I always disable. Just how many people do
you talk to at once? For me, at most 3-4 people, so using tabs there would
be ... weird.

Also, I think task-based, which means I'll group windows together by
"goal to be achieved", so I put the chat window of person X on a virtual
desktop with all other things having to do with whatever I talk to person
X about.
Now let's say person Y's goal is is unrelated to person X's goal. It
follows that I'll put the chat window of person Y somewhere completely
different.

Tabs ruin that. (Almost as bad as taskbar grouping).

cheers,
  Danny